Head Office:1300 008 245

Property Insurance

Property Insurance provides protection against most risks to property, such as fire, theft and some weather damage. This includes specialised forms of insurance such as fire insurance, flood insurance, earthquake insurance and home insurance.

Property is insured to in two main ways – Open Perils and Named Perils

Open Perils cover all the causes of loss not specifically excluded in the policy. Common exclusions on open peril polices include damage resulting from earthquake, floods, nuclear incidents, acts of terrorism, and war. Named Perils require the actual cause of loss to be listed in the policy for insurance to be provided.

The more common named perils include such damage-causing events as fire, lightning, explosion and theft.

Types of Property Insurance;

  • Commercial Property
  • Industrial Property
  • Domestic Property
  • Rural / Farm Insurance
  • Landlords Insurance
  • Home and Contents Insurance